ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
NEW THIS YEAR: One abstract will be selected for oral presentation at the Retreat!
- A complete abstract is required (see attached for detailed guidelines and form). The following information must be provided along with the abstract form:
- MATERIALS AND METHODS
- FUNDING (OPTIONAL)
- TIMELINE - Abstracts are due by Sept. 1, 2017.
- ELIGIBILITY - Graduate students, postdocs, clinical fellows (or equivalent), and technicians.
- FORMAT - Abstracts should not exceed 300 words in length. This does not include the title, authors, or funding source (optional). There should be no figures within the abstract.
- SCORING - One abstract will be selected for oral presentation at the Retreat by the Retreat Organizing Committee. Posters will be judged at the event based on the quality of the Subject Matter, Presentation and Poster Display. Best scoring posters will receive prizes.
PLEASE NOTE: This year's abstracts/posters will be judged in the following categories:
- GSR YRS 1-3
- GSR YRS 4+
Staff and faculty are still welcome to present, but they will not be judged.
Poster sessions will be held on Thursday and Friday mornings, Sept. 28 and Sept. 29. Posters will be assigned numbers, with the odd numbers presenting on Thursday morning and the even numbers presenting in the Friday morning session. Presenters are asked to please leave their posters up throughout both sessions. They may be taken down at the conclusion of the retreat. Dimensions of posters should not exceed 4' x 4' Poster boards with pins and numbers will be provided.
DEADLINE: Completed form and abstract must be sent to Roberta Erickson (email@example.com) by Friday, September 1.